ALLEN-L Archives

Archiver > ALLEN > 2002-02 > 1014503635

Subject: Re: [ALLEN] Archibald Allen (1752-1846) VA > Maryland > Kentucky > Indiana > Illinois
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:34:00 +0000

Bill,

Some more info that I have.
James ALLEN

Birth Date:12 Jan 1771
Birth Place:Lincoln Co., North Carolina
Death Date:15 Nov 1855
Death Place:Daviess County, Indiana

Spouse:Tabitha Allen (LYTTON)
Birth Date:8 Mar 1774
Birth Place:Burke Or Catawba Co., NC
Death Date:20 Aug 1841
Spouse Father:James B. LYTTON Sr. (1735-1798)
Spouse Mother:Sarah Lytton (OSBORNE) (1756-1798)

Marriage Date:26 Apr 1794
Marriage Place:Lincoln County, NC

Children:Hiram
Elihu
Cyrus
Alkinah
Polly
Mahalia/Mahala
Elizabeth
James
Sarah
Agnes
Peggy (Margaret?)
Rebecca

1.1 Hiram ALLEN*

Birth Date:1788
Birth Place:North Carolina
Death Date:1844
Death Place:Daviess County

Spouse:Keziah Allen (COOK)
Birth Date:1812
Birth Place:North Carolina or VA
Death Date:1895
Spouse Father:William COOK

Marriage Date:1832
Marriage Place:Daviess County, Indiana

Children:Mary Ellen
Milton L.
Laura

Other SpousesMahalia Allen (NEWLAND)
Isabelle (Little) Allen (LYTTON)

1.1b Hiram ALLEN*

(See above)

Spouse:Mahalia Allen (NEWLAND)
Spouse Father:NEWLAND

Children:James
Eliza
Isabel

Other SpousesKeziah Allen (COOK)
Isabelle (Little) Allen (LYTTON)

1.1c Hiram ALLEN*

(See above)

Spouse:Isabelle (Little) Allen (LYTTON)
Birth Date:1812/1815
Death Date:1836/1839
Spouse Father:Ezram (Ishram) LYTTON (1793-1844)
Spouse Mother:Lydia Lytton (SHERRILL) (1790-1850)

Marriage Date:6 Oct 1831
Marriage Place:Lawrence County, Indiana

Children:Jane
Isabelle Or Laura
Milton
Eliza Or Mary Ellen

Other SpousesKeziah Allen (COOK)
Mahalia Allen (NEWLAND)

1.2 Elihu ALLEN

Birth Date:4 Sep 1801
Birth Place:North Carolina
Death Date:20 Apr 1875
Death Place:Bogard Twp. , Daviess County, Indiana

Spouse:Elizabeth "Betsy" Allen (LITTEN)
Birth Date:7 Nov 1897
Birth Place:Lincoln County, NC
Death Date:16 Mar 1879
Death Place:Daviess County, Indiana
Spouse Father:Thomas LYTTON (1763-1838)
Spouse Mother:Margaret Lytton (WHITSON) (1765-1851)

Marriage Date:12 Aug 1827
Marriage Place:Lawrence Co., Indiana

1.3 Cyrus ALLEN

Birth Date:2 Aug 1818
Birth Place:North Carolina
Death Date:6 May 1871

Spouse:Lodusky Hite Allen (COMPTON)
Birth Date:12 Jan 1820
Birth Place:Illinois
Death Date:30 Aug 1903
Death Place:Mount Vernon, Indiana
Spouse Father:COMPTON

Marriage Date:23 Dec 1838
Marriage Place:Lawrence County, Indiana

1.4 Alkinah ALLEN

Spouse:SALLY Allen (CUMMINGS)

Marriage Date:5 Mar 1827
Marriage Place:Lawrence Co., Indiana

1.5 Polly Dodd (ALLEN)

1.6 Mahalia/Mahala Humphries (ALLEN)

1.7 Elizabeth ALLEN

1.8 James ALLEN Jr.

1.9 Agnes ALLEN

1.10 Peggy (Margaret?) ALLEN
1.11 Rebecca Whitted (ALLEN)

In addition, I received this from Joyce Neeves. It
seems that many Allens and Cooks came out of NC and some
went westand south and some went west and north, at
least to Lawrence Co. IN.

I am related to Hiram Allen. They were very sturdy folk
here, very involved with the community in Daviess Co.,
IN.

What do you think about a connection? Thanks for
responding.

Joe Holland
----------------

Joe, I believe that James & Tabitha Litton/Lytton also
had a son named Isaac, who md. Sarah Sliger. Isaac was
born c1789 on the Catawba River in Lincoln Co., NC, and
that's where James lived before moving to Indiana. Isaac
named a son James, but of course that doesn't prove
anything. Some of Isaac's sons moved to Laurel Co., KY,
and at least one of them is buried in the Litton
Cemetery there. I have heard that James Allen's father
was Zachariah of Orange Co., NC, but seen no actual
proof. Isaac named a son Zachariah, too. These are not
my Allens (that I know of), but I researched them while
searching for my own. Hope this helps. Joyce