ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2003-08 > 1061159584

From: "Peggy Truesdell" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] THRASHER - WHITE (Bernie)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:36:50 -0500

Bernie, noticed a couple things. I had gotten a notice of death for Richard A. "Dick" THRASHER from "Hatch, Match & Dispatch," page 27, December 27, 1905 issue -- that he died 1905. [Don't have 1915 issue of HM&D, so don't think it's error.] Perhaps Vera could verify for us.

Book, "Of Grave Importance," page 124 - Galatia Cemetery:

Tilman C. THRASHER, b. 1809 - d. 1891
Elizabeth {NANCE} THRASHER, b. 1812 - d. 1875

page 74 - Cotter Cemetery [a/k/a Walnut Hill]

Harold THRASHER, b. 3 June 1910, d. 27 November 1963.

[no more THRASHERs in "OGI"]

Place of death for Andrew Newton Palestine WHITE: Watalula = Franklin County, Arkansas.

The SMITH line we're always chasing -- William J. "Bill" SMITH (1836 - 1912), who married about 1858 Mary J. WHITE (1842 - 1870) -- my information specifically shows "Bill" SMITH and Mary C. WHITE were from Tupelo, Mississippi. Sometimes I've been real lucky in finding early marriages in Mississippi (online through familysearch.org (LDS). It was some years ago they went to courthouses and documented early marriages. If it could be found the WHITEs you posted today were from the same area in Mississippi, there could be a connection. ???

My interest: This is line of Leffel SMITH, father of Alice SMITH, wife of Guy KING, my relative at Mountain Home. This family ran the ferry at Henderson. Claude Claxton and Leffel SMITH were brothers.

Peggy

This thread: