From: <>
Subject: CHRISTMAS PARTY
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 16:25:02 +1300

Message to Barbara Glass.

Barbara I started to read your letter with interest and then with utter
amazement. Do you realise that the very people talking all "this drivel"
are the very ones that you are relying on to hand you information about
your ancestors ON A PLATE.
Lots of the names of these 'drivel writers' appear time and time again on
the list with really good advice to some of those who just sit back and
request it.

Anyone who thinks that they can research their family via the internet are
in for a big shock because it just doesn't work that way, and real research
means spending hundreds of hours at the various repositories scanning
literally thousands of documents, and spending big bucks to do it. There
is no easy way.

I haven't been on this list very long but have really enjoyed the banter
and nonsense that is taking place - after all, it is nearly Christmas. In
the short time I have been a member of Cornish L I have spent many many
hours searching my own Cornish records, compiled over some 25 years, to
try and assist people with their queries in an endeavour to guide them in
the right direction, and have sent those answers direct to the people to
save space on the list.

I think this is a great list - one of the best - and I am sure that most of
the members are really enjoying the chatter and humour that is being shown.
For some of us, due to absence of families and other reasons, it is making
palatable what would otherwise be a lonely and miserable time. Please
don't deny us the chance to have a bit of fun.

Merry Christmas

Tammy
BOP

This thread: