From: <>
Subject: Christmas party
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:33:11 EST

I have been lurking all this time, waiting to see if any like minded souls
would appear but none so far has. I am dismayed at the lack of imagination
and romance in Cornish descendants!

The only way I will ever get to Cornwall is virtually, and the Christmas party
seems like an excellent way to achieve my ambition. For years I have read all
the books I could get my hand on about Cornwall, mainly fiction. I would like
to come to the party wearing a long dress (in Cornish plaid) and one of those
long, flowing capes with a hood. That way, I can take a walk on the moors
while trying to walk off all the calories from the feasts. Would anyone join
me? We could have a lantern and walk some of the guest dogs. Hopefully we
would not fall in.

As for treats, I will bring English and black walnuts and filberts that I
picked in the fall. We have had so much rain in Oregon lately, that any form
of transportation to pick me up could not land without getting mired down.
Perhaps Mt. Hood?

This thread: