From: <>
Subject: Christmas Party
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:13:40 EST

Dear Friends

At the risk of being deemed another party pooper, I am afraid I must also
unsubscribe, or at least go over to the quiet and serious list.

Although I was looking forward to the party, and had heard what a brilliant
time you all had last year, now that it comes to the practicalities, I am
struggling with the volume of e-mail. I am also spending eight or nine hours
a day at the computer at work (not good, and probably in contravention of a
lot of things, which considering I work for a health and safety consultant
just about sums things up) and don't think it is doing my shoulders and eyes
any good parking myself in front of the computer at home for a couple of hours
every evening.

I have already been away from the list for about three weeks due to computer
problems, which are now, thankfully, sorted out (and just as well, because I
had so little space on my hard drive that it was crashing under the weight of
the e-mails I was receiving before the party arrangements were being made) but
I re-subscribed because I didn't want to miss out on any fun.

So, friends, please don't be hurt or offended by my departure, and my apparent
unwillingness to join in the festivities, it's just down to practicalities.
If only the party was real, and life was virtual and I had to do virtual
decorating, virtual shopping, virtual cooking, virtual housework, and I had a
virtual job and a virtual complicated probate application to make, all I would
need time for would be the Christmas party and family history. Life would be
great. Book me in for the party in 2028 because I will just have retired by
then!! In fact, I'll organise that one.

Wishing you all the compliments of the season (that's the politically correct
way of wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, I believe), a very happy and
fun party (which I can see it will be) and a happy, healthy and successful New
Year.

Oh yes, and in Cornish:

Nadelek Lowen ha Blydhen Nowyth Da (pronounced as it is written except Low-
en, Blith-en and No-with - Christmas Happy and Year New Good)

With lots of love
Alison in Truro

This thread: