From: John Zimmerman <>
Subject: Re: Christmas party
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:38:33 -0700

Hi, Lynne,

I was wrong about the time in Massachusetts, it should have been Noon
there at 5:00 P.M. GMT, and that makes it 1:00 P.M. in Nova Scotia.
Your nice thoughts about Cornwall allowed us to zero in on your
location, and we found you on Citadel Hill. Just missed that mast
though. Be sure to keep the lobsters away from the Denver Broncos.
They'll eat anything they can get their hands on, and don't always
bother to cook things! I never go anyplace without mistletoe (I've been
a Boy Scout and adult leader for over forty years, and you know their
motto, 'Be prepared' <G>), which grows on the Palo Verde trees in the
desert here, but several others have volunteered to bring it, as you
noted.

I'm betting you'll run across some other PASCOE's once you get to
Cornwall.

Gorhemmynadow an gwella,

John

Lynne Pascoe wrote:

> >I expect the MMMC will get airborn about 10:00 A.M. Arizona time.
> >That's 5:00 P.M. Grenwich Mean Time, and 1:00 P.M. Massachusets time.
> >Early enough to do some sightseeing from on high as we travel.
>
> And that's 6pm in Nova Scotia. What time should I be ready John? Perhaps if
> I wait at the ferry terminal I'll be easier to spot. Theres a boardwalk that
> runs along Halifax Harbour and a bit that sticks out by the ferry terminal,
> the one nearest the bridge over the harbour. Now maybe this isn't such a
> good idea...hmmm...since there are two ferry terminals and two
> bridges...hmmm. Tell you what I'll wait for you at the top of Citadel Hill,
> that's the highest point in Halifax and you'll see it clearly. There's a
> star shaped fortress on top and a big cannon that fires every day at noon.
> There's also a large mast that displays flags of the province and
> Canada...the red maple leaf should be easy to see so I'll stand just below
> the flag pole. OK?
>
> Lobsters are packed in dry ice, jars of green tomato relish are ready to be
> eaten with the tourtiere, my sponge bag is packed and some walking about
> through neglected graveyards clothing is packed...think I'm ready.
>
> BTW has anyone thought to collect mistletoe? I'm sure lots will be needed.
> (Oh yes, I see by checking the list that we have a supply).
>
> I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and still can't believe that, on a
> Cornish list, I'm the only PASCOE. ;^)
>
> Cheers everyone, see you later.
> Lynne

This thread: