From: <>
Subject: Christmas Party
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:37:09 EST

It's almost the night before Christmas, the best night of the year,
And we're all back at our homes, still glowing with good cheer.
For a virtual party we all did attend,
And now it's back to business trying to get on the mend.
We arrived in transport, the likes of which never seen.
By man or beast, look and see what I mean.
Some came by canoe, and some flew on a broom,
Which ran into trouble, when shot down, lost its zoom.
That Magical Mystical Mini Cooper did fly,
Round the world, having fun taking us up to the sky.
Santa's sleigh filled with ravenous elves stuffing stockings,
And Cornish pixies wrapping gifts to deliver without knocking.
The Wing and A Prayer, a Phantom Pirate Ship, brought Creme de Menthe jelly,
Along with 100 proof trifle, Kahlua custard and miles of macadamias in its
belly.
The Cesna's dishy pilot under bridges he kept diving,
I'm sure glad it was him doing all that stunt driving.
He plucked the fair Kay and her golden retriever,
Off the Sky Tower bungy, yup, he sure did retrieve her.
But the best sight of all was those Six White Boomers,
With padded pouches for the littlies and all us late bloomers.
We showed up by space ship, puffing billy trains, submarines,
Came on clipper ships, steam engines, seaplanes, most any means.
Cornish shrimp boats, on horseback, and even a Welsh dragon,
On The Wings of an Angel was most special, but we're braggin'.
We loved Lancarffe and the Caerthillian Hotel was superb,
St. Michael's Mount was glorious, we must spread the word.
We ate and we drank, til our tummies were filled,
We sang and we danced, sharing bottles of the distilled.
Then later we walked on the Moors, in the mist,
Went to church, visited graveyards, you get the gist.
We saw where our relatives made homes, lived their lives,
We walked in their shoes, got tears in our eyes.
But the best part of this party if you will recall,
Was meeting each other, sharing stories with all.
For without each other our research would stumble,
We'd be scratching our heads, over relatives we'd mumble.
No matter what part of the world we are from,
It's a pleasure to know if we need research help, it will come.
So for those who can join us, we'll meet again next year,
Stuff ourselves with family stories, lots of food, drink and good cheer.

To this great group of people,
Wherever you are, however you're celebrating the holiday season,
May there be peace on earth and love in our hearts for each other,
And may the blessing of the season go to each of you.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Season's Greetings,
Feliz Navidad, or our own Cornish Nadelek Lowen,
Mary R. Wescott

This thread: