ENG-BLACK-COUNTRY-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-BLACK-COUNTRY > 2000-12 > 0977433749

From: Julian & Fay Bielewicz <>
Subject: [B.C.] BARRETT, BONNER, ROGERS
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 07:22:29 +1000

Listers:

A very Merry Christmas and all the best for the start of the new century.

I am interested in tracing the following Black Country/Potteries families...

BARRETT (BARRATT)
BONNER
ROGERS

James BONNER, a roll turner, born c. 1803 in Bilston, married an as yet
unidentified woman and had the following children by her:

James c. 1831
Ann c. 1832
John c. 1834
William c. 1835

I have located the above sons James and John in the 1881 Census but am still
working on the other two, Ann and William.

James BONNER's first wife probably died sometime shortly after the birth of
William - perhaps even while giving birth to another child.

James BONNER then remarried, his second wife being Mary Ann (Mariann)
BARRETT (of Bilston/Darlaston, born c. 1821), the daughter of J. BARRETT (an
engineer) in December 1845 in Collegiate Church, Wolverhampton.

They had the following children:

Henry c. 1847
Hannah c. 1850

I have been unable to locate either child in the GRO indices but Hannah's
christening does appear in the Vital Records cd for 1850.

James BONNER (elder) died in 1850 and his widow Mary Ann remarried in 1855;
her second husband being Thomas ROGERS, born c. 1831 in OSBASTON, Salop.
They were married in DUDLEY. They had one son that I am aware of:

Thomas c. 1862 (Ocker Hill)

Clearly, they may well have had other children who did not survive to be
included in the 1871 Census.

In 1881 Thomas ROGERS and his son were both in HARBORNE; Thomas was an
ironworks manager while his son was a clerk. Mary Ann ROGERS was with her
married daughter in Tunstall.

James BONNER (1831) eventually married Charlotte BROOKES while John (1834)
married Sophia PRESTON.

Hannah BONNER (my great grandmother) married Thomas Hollins COLCLOUGH (of
the Potteries).

Any further information or contact with others researching any of the above
families would be most welcome.

Again, Merry Christmas

Fay

This thread: