From: <>
Subject: [GAMEL-L] The Pennsylvania Gazette
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 21:08:46 EST

April 9, 1772 The Pennsylvania Gazette
ITEM #50783
April 9, 1772
The Pennsylvania Gazette

READERS TAKE NOTICE.
RUN away the 24th of March last, an apprentice, named John << Gammel>> ; had
on, when he went away, an old felt hat, an outside jacket, sheeps grey and
white linen, and inside jacket, that had two rows of buttons on it, buckskin
breeches, patched very much, the patches sundry sorts, one patch of shoe
leather on the back side of the thigh, one shirt and trowsers of tow linen,
the shirt partly new, grey stockings, and old shoes, but I judge he has got
new ones; a middling stout fellow, swarthy coloured, and wears his own
blackish hair, he is about 5 feet 10 inches high; I advise any concerned with
him, to take great care of him, he is a great rogue, and an errant thief; he
stole two pair of silver shoe buckles, and the young manbest companion, that I
judge he will carry with him; it may be he will change his name to Fisher.
Whoever takes up said fellow, and puts him in goal, and gives me timous
notice, shall have Twenty Shillings reward; and whoever brings him home, shall
have Twenty Shillings, and reasonable charges, paid by me, JOHN MURPHY, living
near the Lower Ferry, on Sasquehanna.

This thread: