From: Dick Landis< >
Subject: [GAMEL-L] Gamble Family of Nebraska
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:52:31 -0500 (EST)

Hello Lon Doyle,
I can't find a match between your Matthew Colter Gamble and any of my
Gambles. HOwever, I am curious about the middle name "Colter."

In my database I have a Hamilton Gamble who married Caroline Coalter. They
lived in Missouri and had three children that I know of: Hamilton, Mary and
David. These children would have been born probably in the 1820s in
Missouri. The father, Hamilton Gamble, was Governor of Missouri during the
Civil War.

As I say, I can't find any connection but with a middle name of Colter, it
seems likely that his mother's maiden name was Colter.
Dick Landis

This thread: