From: liberty hill homes <>
Subject: [GAMEL-L] Neeley
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:11:13 -0800

I am collaterally interested in NEELEY, especially in relation to STEVENSON,
SLOAN, STEELE and BRECKENRIDGE.

Would you please take a few moments to see if you recognize, off the top of
your head, without a lot of effort on your part, any of these as kin or
neighbors?
These are other surnames that I can link or suspect a connection through
Presbyterianism and/or the Battle of King's Mountain on the NC-SC border.
Please see if you recognize any from intermarriages in or around Cumberland,
Chester and Lancaster Counties, PA; Augusta, Botetourt, Rockbridge,
Rockingham, Wythe, Washington Counties, VA; Rowan Co, NC; near Ninety-Six,
SC; Madison, Washington, Fayette and Bourbon Counties, KY; Blount, Cannon,
Christian, Maury, Rutherford Counties, TN, Washington, Iron and St. Francois
[Francis] Counties, MO or Moses and Stephen Fuller AUSTIN and the move to
establish TX.
ADAMS ALEXANDER ALLISONANDERSON AUSTIN
BELL BRECKENRIDGE
CALDWELLCAMPBELLCORNELISONCOWAN
DOAK FINLEY
GAMBLE or GAMWELL or GAMBILL GILLESPIE GREENE
HARRISONHOUSTONHUGHES
KIRKPATRICK
LEWISLOCKELOWRY MARTIN McCLUREMcCLANAHAN
McCORMICK McKENZIEMcLELLAND MITCHELL
MOORE MONTGOMERYMOYER
NEELYPARKS PATTERSONPATTON PORTERPRESTONRANKINRICEROBINSON RUSSELL
SHIELDSSLOANSMITHSPEAR
STEELE STEPHENSON or STEVENSON STUARTSWIFT
TODDYOUNG
WALKERWATTWILLIAM or WILLIAMSWILLSON or WILSON WHITE WOODS
WRIGHT.
Does any of this sound familiar? I would greatly appreciate any help you can
give concerning these names before 1880. Please reply privately, so as not
to clog the list. Mary