From: <>
Subject: [GAMEL-L] Gamble search
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:38:45 EST

I am descended from :

Patrick Kinchen Gamble b. ca. 1794. Married Fannie Truss 5-20-1820 in St.
Clair Co. AL. Later settled in Blount Co., Al

Patrick Kinchen Gamble was drafted in Maury Co. Tn in 1814.

they had 16 children 1. Samuel 2. Permelia 3. John, 4. Kinchen. 5. William 6.
Henry 7. Clarissa 8. James 9. Jackson 10. Josiah,11. Elizabeth 12. Nancy 13.
Docean 14. Celia 15. Dallie 16. Fannie

I am descended from the 10th child Josiah ( Bud ) Gamble b 1840 married Mary
Ann Stephens There were 6 chilren 1. Charles F. (died in childhood) 2, Ella
(died in childhood) 3. Mary (died in childhood) 4. William Alexander 5.
Grover Cleveland 6 Opie Gamble.

I am descended from 6th child Opie Gamble b 1883 married Amy Eunice
Derryberry the had 4 children. 1. Woodrow Wilson 2. William Travis 3. Robert
Marcus 4. Charles Edward.

Old Partick Kinchen parents remain a mystery. He may have been born in NC but
I can not find any proof. Kinchen is an unusual name. There were Gambles and
Kinchens in Blount Co. Tn . I cannot link them.Old Pat K.claimed to be an
orphan. A Gambill/Gammill group left Stokes Co. NC.about this time. and moved
into Eastern Tn. James Gambill had married a second wife Lucretia in 1791in
Stokes Co. NC . He died ca 1794. Lucretia has a small child . Lucretia moves
with James's children by his first wife to Blount Co. Tn. Lucretia died in
1796 . This fits with our orphan story.Some of these Gammels moved to
Rutherford Co. Tn which is very close to Maury Co. Tn. where Pat K. was
drafted in 1814.
This is my first time on your Gamel list. I hope I have done this correctly
I am Joy Gamble Bailey

This thread: