GUNTHER-L Archives

Archiver > GUNTHER > 2011-11 > 1321556741

From: "" <>
Subject: [GUNTHER] John and Ida Gunther (Colorado, Kansas, Arkansas)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:05:41 -0000

Author: sodalake
Surnames: Gunther
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.gunther/300/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I am seeking information on John and Ida Gunther, my father's mother's parents. John (or Johan) immigrated to the US from Germany in 1872. In 1887 he married Ida (maiden name?) who was born in Pennsylvania in Dec 1863. Both of her parents were also born in Pennsylvania. Census data show that John and Ida had two children. Their son Murlin was born in Kansas in 1888 and their daughter Verna Christe (my grandmother) was born in Colorado in 1892. In 1900 and 1905 the family was living in eastern Kansas. Verna married Charles Perry Rhodes in 1908 in Arkansas. They had a number of children and lived in Kansas for most of their lives. In 1910, John, Ida, and Murlin are in Polk Co., Arkansas. This is the last firm information I have for any of them.

My prime objective is to discover Ida's maiden name and to connect her to her Pennsylvania family.

Important Note: