GenMassachusetts-L ArchivesArchiver > GenMassachusetts > 1998-07 > 0901464738
From: "Susan P Conner-Hobby" <>
Subject: Flagg family in New Hampshire and Mass
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 10:52:18 -0400
I too am looking for the FLAGG family. Here is my information. I am
intrigued by the Betsy Blanchard name as I still haven't found her parents.
That may or may not tie into my mother's Blanchard family.
Harold E. Hobby listed as the fifth generation below is my grandfather.
Descendants of JOHN FLAGG
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 FLAGG was born January 04, 1760 in Hinsdale, NH, and died August
10, 1842 in Winchendon, MA. He married BETSY BLANCHARD June 02, 1790 in
Children of JOHN FLAGG and BETSY BLANCHARD are:
2. i. JOHN2 FLAGG, b. October 25, 1790.
3. ii. LUCINDA FLAGG, b. September 13, 1792, Winchendon, MA.
iii. ALPHEUS FLAGG, b. April 11, 1796, Winchendon, MA; d. March 01, 1842,
Winchendon, MA; m. LAVINA ALGER, November 05, 1828, Winchendon, MA.
iv. PHILENEA FLAGG, b. June 13, 1804, Winchendon, MA; m. JOSHUA CHAPEN,
August 08, 1819, Winchendon, MA.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 FLAGG (JOHN1) was born October 25, 1790. He married RHODA ....
Child of JOHN FLAGG and RHODA ... is:
i. SALLY3 FLAGG, b. January 02, 1827, Winchendon, MA; d. January 10, 1828,
3. LUCINDA2 FLAGG (JOHN1) was born September 13, 1792 in Winchendon, MA. She
married JOHN BOSWORTH August 14, 1809, son of JONATHAN BOSWORTH and MARY
Children of LUCINDA FLAGG and JOHN BOSWORTH are:
4. i. HARRIET3 BOSWORTH.
5. ii. NANCY BOSWORTH, b. March 26, 1823; d. September 08, 1903, Reading,
Generation No. 3
4. HARRIET3 BOSWORTH (LUCINDA2 FLAGG, JOHN1). She married JOHN LOVEL CHURCH,
son of SARAH CASS.
Child of HARRIET BOSWORTH and JOHN CHURCH is:
6. i. LUCINDA4 CHURCH.
5. NANCY3 BOSWORTH (LUCINDA2 FLAGG, JOHN1) was born March 26, 1823, and died
September 08, 1903 in Reading, MA. She married DANIEL NICHOLS December 16,
1847 in Reading, MA, son of RICHARD NICHOLS and CLARISSA NICHOLS.
Children of NANCY BOSWORTH and DANIEL NICHOLS are:
7. i. DANIEL MARSHALL4 NICHOLS, b. December 21, 1848, Reading, MA; d.
February 21, 1893, Reading, MA.
ii. WILLIAM FRANKLIN NICHOLS, b. May 07, 1858, Reading, MA; d. July 28,
1943, E. Hartford, CT; m. LIZZIE AUGUSTA ROBINSON.
iii. FANNIE CAROLINE NICHOLS, b. March 29, 1860, Reading, MA; d. February
01, 1938, Northfield, MA.
Generation No. 4
6. LUCINDA4 CHURCH (HARRIET3 BOSWORTH, LUCINDA2 FLAGG, JOHN1). She married
GEORGE M. NICHOLS, son of NOYES NICHOLS and FRANCES HOLMAN.
Child of LUCINDA CHURCH and GEORGE NICHOLS is:
8. i. MABEL EVELYN5 NICHOLS, b. May 19, 1876, Baldwinville, MA; d. April 11,
1929, Gardner, MA.
7. DANIEL MARSHALL4 NICHOLS (NANCY3 BOSWORTH, LUCINDA2 FLAGG, JOHN1) was
born December 21, 1848 in Reading, MA, and died February 21, 1893 in
Reading, MA. He married PHEBE GOWING HARNDEN April 21, 1881 in Reading, MA.
Child of DANIEL NICHOLS and PHEBE HARNDEN is:
i. PRESTON FOSTER5 NICHOLS, b. 1886; m. SADIE A. ROBINSON.
Generation No. 5
8. MABEL EVELYN5 NICHOLS (LUCINDA4 CHURCH, HARRIET3 BOSWORTH, LUCINDA2
FLAGG, JOHN1) was born May 19, 1876 in Baldwinville, MA, and died April 11,
1929 in Gardner, MA. She married EDGAR NATHANIEL HOBBY January 12, 1898 in
Gardner, MA, son of WILLIAM HOBBY and LUCY ELMS.
Children of MABEL NICHOLS and EDGAR HOBBY are:
i. HAROLD EDGAR6 HOBBY, b. February 09, 1899, Gardner, MA; d. August 1984,
Tucson, AZ; m. (1) ALLIE PEARL MOORE, November 25, 1921, Gardner, MA; m. (2)
CARRIE EILEEN FULLER, 1925; m. (3) ETHEL GERTRUDE STERLING, November 10,
1956, Gardner, MA; m. (4) WINNIE BURPEE, 1963.
More About HAROLD EDGAR HOBBY:
Military Service: 1917, World War I
ii. WILLIAM MARCUS HOBBY, b. February 11, 1901; m. (1) SARAH C. RUDD; m. (2)
IRENE RASMUSSEN; m. (3) MILDRED PARTRIDGE, August 14, 1927, Gardner, MA.
iii. EDGAR NATHANIEL HOBBY , JR., b. March 07, 1907, Gardner, MA; d.
September 1981, NH; m. (1) EVA ESTELLE HUTCHINSON, November 28, 1929,
Swampscott, MA; m. (2) SYLVIA RUSSELL, 1940.