GenMassachusetts-L ArchivesArchiver > GenMassachusetts > 2001-06 > 0991431831
Subject: [GM-L] Prescott/Bamford Marriage
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:43:51 EDT
Source: Prescott Memorial
John Prescott/Mary Platts Line, Lancaster, MA
Oliver Prescott b. Jan 8, 1789 son of Oliver Prescott & wife, Keziah Howard
Hartford, New York.
Oliver Prescott m. Ruth Morgan in 1811. He was Justice of the Peace,
of the town of New Hartford, NY for many years and member of the House of
Assembly in 1848.
Oliver Prescott & wife Ruth Morgan had issue at New Hartford, N.Y:
1. Elizabeth b. Aug 25, 1812 m. 1839 Sanders Dodge & lived at Winfield,
2. Harriet b. June 26, 1814 m. 1835 Daniel Dodge & lived at Plymouth,
3. Catherine b. Oct 20, 1816 m. 1839 Orange Catlin & lived at Beaver Dam
4. Daniel M. b. Dec 15, 1818 m. 1842 Mary Wood. In 1859 he was Seargeant-At-
Arms to the N.Y. House of Assembly. Mary Wood died in 1850 & he m. (2)
1853 Lydia M. Bacon. He resides in New Hartford, Oneida Co., N.Y.
5. Mary b. May 5, 1821, m. 1845 Henry Prescott and resided at New Hartford.
6. Amos b. 1823 m. 1848 Pamelia C. Allen He was a Brig Gen of the National
Guard of the State of N.Y. Pamelia died 1857 and in 1864 he m. (2) Martha
7. Ruth A. b. Sept 12, 1826 m. 1849 William Cowen of Utica, N.Y.
8. Phebe R. Prescott b. Oct 8, 1828 m. (1) 1852 Simeon Smith who d. 1854 and
she m. (2) Adam G. Bamford and resided at Plymouth, Chenango Co. N.Y.
9. Oliver G. b. 1831 d. 1857
10. Abram b. 1833 d. 1850.
Transcribed by Janice Farnsworth