GenMassachusetts-L ArchivesArchiver > GenMassachusetts > 2005-10 > 1129485563
Subject: Re: [GM-L] Re: Old Orphanage
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:59:23 EDT
Fitchburg Daily Sentinel, December 23, 1910
$500 to the orphan asylum maintained by the Catholic sisters of charity on
Camden Street, Boston as a memorial to the late sister Frances of that order.
December 26, 1906 Boston Globe
St. Vincent's orphan asylum, corner of Camden St. and Shawmut Ave, the
Sisters of Charity made the little ones in their care realize the full spirit of the
December 29, 1878 Boston Daily Globe
They were enabled to build the present institution on Camden Street which
they took possession of in 1858. It is a model of order and neatness and
comfort....There are now 160 orphan girls in this asylum, their yers ranging from
four to eighteen...........