GenMassachusetts-L ArchivesArchiver > GenMassachusetts > 2007-01 > 1168642731
Subject: [GENMASSACHUSETTS] Henry Bright - Bond's Watertown - Vol. I - p.114- Part 12.
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:58:51 EST
Subject: Henry Bright
Source: Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of
Watertown, Massachusetts, Includes Waltham and Weston - by Henry Bond, M.D.,
1860. Volume I.
Josiah Bright, a merchant of St. Louis; m. Nov 29, 1814, Eulalie Angelique
Sanguinet, born at
St. Louis, Feb 27, 1796; dau. of Charles and Marie Anne (Conde') Sanguinet.
(see below for
more on that family) She died in childbed, Feb. 14, 1817, and he m. (2) May,
1819, the widow, Mrs.
Eliza (LeBlanc) Tesson, widow of Pierre Tesson, and dau. of John Le Blanc
and his wife ____
McCrea, born in Belfast, Ireland, June 24, 1794. She resided in Baltimore in
Insert - book: Slavery & Crime in Missouri, 1773-1865 (a google book online)
Charles Sanguinet, son of a French physician, posted to Canada was born in
and moved to St. Louis District during the Spanish regime. He owned property
near St. Louis and
engaged in the fur trade. His wife, Marie, was the daughter of Dr. Andrew
August Conde, a
Frenchman and the first physician to arrive in St. Louis Post in 1776. She
husband reared many children. In 1810 one of their daughters, Constance,
married the oldest son of
August Chouteau. In 1818 their youngest daughter, 18 year old Caroline Anne
married Horatio Cozens
a defense attorney. Sanguinet, a businessman died in 1818 at St. Louis, at
an advanced age.
Source: Slavery and Crime in Missouri, 1773-1865 By Harriet C. Frazier -
Children of Josiah Bright by his first wife, Eulalie Angelique Sanguinet:
1. Charles John Sanguinet Bright, b. Sept. 16, 1815 and was in 1849, a
clerk, in Mobile,
where he m. Mar. 5, 1841, Caroline Matilda Thayer Woodcock, b. Aug 31, 1821,
John & Rebecca (Ballard) Woodcock, then of Huntsville, and in 1854 of
1. John Woodcock Bright, b. July 12, 1842.
2. Henry Bright b. Dec 25, 1843.
3. Eulalie Bright b. Oct. 15, 1845.
4. Augustus Conde' Bright, b. June 2, 1847.
5. Charles Bright b. Oct 29, 1848.
2. Eulalie Mary Anne Bright b. Feb 14, 1817; m. Aug. 4, 1836, Thomas Page,
b. at Gloucester,
Mass., Mar. 31, 1813, son of Thomas & Sarah (Cogswell) Page and grandson of
Edward Page. He
resided in Waltham, engaged in trade in St. Louis & Boston. Children:
1. Thomas Page b. at Waltham Dec 10, 1840; d. February, 1846.
2. William Pettes Page b. at St. Louis, August 24, 1845.
3. John Bright Page b. at Waltham April 10, 1848.
4. Charles Page.
3. Mary Jane Bright b. the 20th; died April 22, 1820.
4. Mary Henrietta Frances Bright b. Mar 26, 1821; d. May, 1824.
To be continued Part 13 - Vol. I. - p.115 - Henry Bright & wife, Abigail
Fiske who d. at Mobile,
1833 & his 2nd wife, married at Mobile 1835, Emeline Minerva Pinney b.
Transcribed by Janice Farnsworth