GenMassachusetts-L ArchivesArchiver > GenMassachusetts > 2007-09 > 1190144167
Subject: [GENMASSACHUSETTS] Parker Family - Bluehill,Maine from Massachusetts.
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:36:07 EDT
Source: Historical Sketches of Bluehill, Maine
by Rufus G. F. Candage.
The Frederick Parker
The Frederick Parker place is the next in order, with a large, square,
two-story house upon the left of the
road with a fine lawn in front. The barn, now gone, stood on the opposite
side of the road. Just when this
house was built is not known to the writer, but it was probably as early as
The farm connected with the house and barn extended on both sides of the
main road for some distance,
and was probably the farm of Robert Parker, Frederick's father, who came to
Bluehill, Maine from Andover,
Massachusetts, about 1765.
ROBERT PARKER, ANDOVER,
Robert Parker was born March 13, 1745; m. Ruth, dau. of Joseph Wood, the
first settler, November 29,
1773. She was born at Beverly, Mass., Dec 18, 1753; and died Jan. 20, 1825,
aged 72 years. Robert
Parker died Feb 12, 1818, aged 73 years. He was a brother of Peter Ezra
Parker and Colonel Nathan
Parker. The children of Robert Parker were:
1. Samuel Parker, b. March 9, 1774; m. (1) Lydia Parker and m. (2) Mary
2. Nabby Parker, b. Jan 6, 1776; died Dec 19, 1781.
3. Moses Parker b. Feb 1, 1778; died Aug 13, 1801.
4. Robert Parker b. Feb 3, 1781, died Dec 19, 1781.
5. Robert Parker (again) b. Dec 1, 1782; died at sea.
6. Simeon Parker b. July 24, 1785; m. Lydia Faulkner Stevens.
7. Frederick Parker b. Oct 30, 1788; m. Harriet Haskell.
8. Nabby Parker b. Mar 12, 1792; m. Robert Haskell Wood.
9. Edith Parker b. Mar 3, 1795; m. Stephen Holt.
Frederick Parker was the 7th child of Robert & Ruth (Wood) Parker family
(above) born Oct 30, 1788 and
died April 6, 1867, aged 78 years, five months and six days. He m. Harriet
Haskell born at Beverly, Mass.,
Mar. 1, 1793 on April 18, 1818. Shedied May 1, 1877 aged 84 yrs and two
months. Their children:
1. Sarah Ellingwood Parker b. April 23, 1820.
2. Harriet Maria Parker b. June 2, 1822; died June 27, 1879.
3. Andrew Haskell Parker b. May 11, 1824; removed to Rockland, Maine.
4. Abigail Sinclair Parker b. Dec 9, 1827; married and lived in Boston, Mass.
5. Mary Ann Haskell Parker b. Oct 6, 1829; married and lived in Boston.
6. Robert Harlow Parker, b. Jan 14, 1835.
Frederick Parker was a farmer and a worthy man. He and his family were well
known to this writer
(Rufus G. F. Candage) in his youth. After his death the place was sold to
Fred A. Fisher, and was
occupied some years by Rev. Tripp, a Baptist clergyman. It lay idle after
that until bought and put in
repair by Mrs. Kline of Cleveland, Ohio, whose sister and family used it for
a summer home.
Transcribed by Janice Farnsworth
************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com