HODGE-L Archives

Archiver > HODGE > 2008-05 > 1211569184

From: billie miller <>
Subject: Re: [HODGE] Margaret Hodge m. Ambrose Ownbey
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 14:59:44 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hello Kenneth,

I'm tracing both lines, Hodge and Ownby/Ownbey. I do have some on the Ownby/Ownbey line, most came from the Inernet and have not proved much of the material. And I do have James' Revolutionary War records.

Capt. William Sims second wife name was Agatha. Some say her last name was Simms, other say it's Stepp. Someone has a copy I believe it was Capt. William Sims Bible where family members, for the entry for Agatha's surname was changed/scratched out or something like that. Somewhere I have the description of what happened, but I'm at work right now and don't have access to that material. I would love to have a copy of that page. I descend from Capt. William Sims and Agatha's daughter Joanna Sims who married James Ownby through their son Ambrose Owenbey (I believe they called him Little Ambrose) married Margaret Hodge. I have never been able to find anything on Martha. I think I have her parents name, but nothing other than that. Do you have anything on this Hodge line?

Thank you for writing, Billie