HUGUENOTS-WALLOONS-EUROPE-L Archives

Archiver > HUGUENOTS-WALLOONS-EUROPE > 2010-02 > 1267115698

From: Rebecca Olenchak <>
Subject: [HWE] 1666 Pierre David Sr and Rachel Debrey of Bolbec,Upper Normandy & descendants
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:34:58 -0500

Hello,

I have found a record of the marriage of my ancestore Pierre David and Rachel Debrey @this site:

http://huguenots-france.org/english/normandie/caux/lintot/pa...

It gives no parental or definitive birth information for either, but it does give their marriage data as 26 April 1666 in Linton ER, Seine-Maritime. It also names two children, Jacques, born 1668, and Marie, born 1681, but no mention of my ancestor, Pierre Jr, born probably 1680ish to 1690.

At another website, http://www.ronjonesbooks.com/french_ancestry.htm, I found a brief abstract of the 22 Jan 1710 marriage record for Pierre, son of Pierre David and "Rachel Debrey, originally Dutertre of Bolbec" (what does this mean? Could Rachel have been a widow when she married Pierre in 1666?), and Anne Dutertre, daughter of Louis Dutertre and Mariane Buart, "originally of Orleans in France". The record states that Pierre Jr was presently living in Spitalfields and Anne was living in Soho Parish of St. Giles. There is no definitive name given for the church in which they were married but the minister's name was M. Forent. I have written to Ron Jones seeking a source citation for this reference and am awaiting his reply. Could this marriage have taken place at Threadneedle Church? I found no listing for this at the BMD non-conformist archives online (though I did find births in 1710 and 1711 for children of Pierre and Anne, Pierre and Esaie).

Any information or feedback anyone could possibly share with me re: Rachel (Dutertre?) Debrey, Pierre David Sr and Jr, and Louis Dutertre and daughter Anne Dutertre David would be very gratefully received! I am descended from Pierre and Anne's daughter Anne David Easley who was born in Manakintown, Virginia, in 1722.

Kind regards,

Rebecca Olenchak

This thread: