OSBORNE-L ArchivesArchiver > OSBORNE > 2001-02 > 0982290673
From: "Brian & Kathy Kalb" <>
Subject: [OSBORNE] Osburn-Osborn Penn, WVa, Kansas, & Oklahoma
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:31:13 -0700
If anybody recognizes these names, dates, etc. and could be of help with updating my list would be appreciated. I have no history prior to Nicholass Osburn-Osborn, and wife Mary Osburn-Osborn.
I don't have a complete list for our first generation. I'm taking names from a will dated Aug. 17th 1785, in Leesburg, Virginia.
Father Nicholass Osburn, wife Mary Osburn
Children: Daughter Massey Osburn-Castleman
Son: Abner Osburn
Nicholass Osburn mention in his will that Nicholas Osborn and Lydia Osburn are his grandchildren. The names are spelled either way from Osburn to Osborn. Later the family took the name Osborn, except one great Uncle of mine, I was told he spelled his last name with an (e) on the end of Osborn.
Nicholas Osborn b. in Pennsylvania, March 19th 1791 d. in WVa. Aug 20, 1863
Rebecca Smith-Osborn b. in Virginia, Dec. 24, 1797 d. July 24, 1890 in WVa.
(Nicholas and Rebecca Osborn were m. May 8, 1823 in Penn.?)
1. Susanna Osborn b. in Penn., March 31, 1824 d. Dec. 1, 1911
(Susanna Osborn m. Samuel Watkins July 19, 1842)
2. Richard Osborn b. in Penn. May 14, 1826 d. Sept. 8, 1883, Ill. (Richard m. Eleanor? Sept. 8, 1847)
3. Esther Osborn b. in Penn. Aug. 9, 1828 d. Oct. 3, 1907. (m. William Means July 19, 1849)
4. Sarah Osborn b. in Penn, Aug. 29, 1830 d. July 27, 1903
5. Elizabeth Osborn b. in Penn. December 26, 1832. (Elizabeth m. John Haymond April 10, 1851)
6. Jonathan Osborn b. in Penn. June 5, 1835
7. Mary Anne Osborn b. in WVa. March 14, 1837 (m. William F. Poe May 7, 1857)
8. Micagah Willetts Osborn b. in WVirginiaAug. 15, 1840 d. March 31, 1863.
9. William Lewis Osborn b. in WVa. Dec. 26, 1842 d. Dec. 21 1877.
There may be two children not included in this list. U.S. Census of Taylor County, West Virginia for July, 22 1850 by W. Guy Tetrick Page 327. The two names I have no information about, are John and Samuel Osborn.
William Lewis Osborn b. WV Dec. 26, 1842 d. Dec. 21, 1877 Butler County Kansas.
Sarah Susan Poe-Osborn b. Nov. 14, 1838 d.Feb. 22, 1923 in Henrietta, Oklahoma.
(William and Susan Osborn were m. Sept. 12th, 1867 living at Ironton WVa.)
I don't have the death dates for William and Susan Osborn children. The grandmother that recorded names and dates, may have died before the death dates of the children.
Children: Of William and Sarah Osborn
1. Ida Rebecca Osborn b. in WVa. Aug. 31st 1868
2. James Willets Osborn b. Aug. 9th, 1870 in WVa. d. 1948 in Oklahoma. (m. Emmaline Levisee Feb 4, 1896 in Potwin, Butler County Kansas.) Emmaline was born in Bloomington, Illinois Jan. 7, 1874. d. in Henrietta, Oklahoma.
3. Susie Ella Osborn b. in WVa. Nov. 28, 1871.
The family moved to Butler County Kansas in 1872
4. Jonathan Herbert Osborn was b. in Potwin, Kansas May 1st, 1873.
5. Clinton Millard Osborn b. in Potwin, Kansas March 23, 1875.
6. Winifred Virginia Osborn b. in Potwin, Kansas March 9, 1877.
I do have the children names and birth dates, of James Willets Osborn and Emmaline Levisee children. My mother maiden name is Osborn.
|[OSBORNE] Osburn-Osborn Penn, WVa, Kansas, & Oklahoma by "Brian & Kathy Kalb" <>|