SMITH-L ArchivesArchiver > SMITH > 2001-03 > 0984338914
Subject: Re: [SMITH] My Turn! Somebody help Bonedigger
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 14:28:34 EST
Dear Charles (Bonedigger),
Could your Smith/Schmidt have come from the Georgia Salzburgers
1. Hans Schmidt (John Smith) b. 1706 d. Feb. 8, 1767 arrived on Third
accompanied by his wife, Catherine, and baby, Barbara. After the death of his
first wife he married Julianna, probably the widow of Christopher Ortman.
2. John Christian Smith went to Charleston, South Carolina and married
Mary Pritchard widow of John Pritchard.
3. Julianne Mary Smith married ? Heidt.
2. Christopher Smith was living Dec 1801 in South Carolina
2. Frederick William Smith was living Dec 1801 in South Carolina
2. John Gottlieb Israel Smith b. Aug 1, 1754, d. June 27, 1820 m.
2. Phil Frederick Smith was living Dec 1801 in South Carolina
2. Christiana Smith married May 26, 1767, Leonhard Niese (Nease)
2. Hannah Elizabeth Christina Smith married first John Jacob Mingledorff,
married second George Mingledorff
2. Mary Elizabeth Smith married Mr. Heidt, lived in St. Peter's Parish,
The above John Gottllieb Israel Smith of Bryan County, Georgia
had seven children one was named Joshua Smith b. Nov. 25, 1795 of Bryan
county, Ga. He married Isabel Bird and later married Ann Eliza Frazer.
Here is their webb site.
GEORGIA SALZBURGER SOCIETY</A>
I hope this will help.