USGenWeb-NW-L ArchivesArchiver > USGenWeb-NW > 1999-05 > 0926364663
From: "Lynn" <>
Subject: [USGenWeb-NW-L] instructions for mIRC
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 14:31:03 -0500
To download the program, go to:
When downloaded and installed, follow the directions below.
You need to be connected to the internet. This is simple but some over
1. When you first start the program, you get an "about mIRC" screen---X out
2. Next you get "mIRC Setup"-- enter a name (I have Rootsweb written here),
then you write irc.rootsweb.com in the space marked "IRC Server", then click
3. write 6667 in the space marked "Port(s)", if it does not appear there
4. click OK, this will take you back to the "mIRC Setup" screen
5. This time, on this "mIRC Setup" screen, click "connect to IRC server"
6. That should connect you to the rootsweb irc server.
7. You get: mIRC Channels Folder, type in #nwplains where it asks for the
name of the channel to join (if #nwplains does not appear on the list),
8. double click the #nwplains in the list, and you should be in the room
If you have any other questions, please contact me.